All seven minors from Saturday’s Asiana Airlines Flight 214 crash who were admitted to Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital have been released this evening, a hospital spokesman said.

The minors were among the 55 patients brought to Stanford Hospital following the 11:30 a.m. crash of the Boeing 777, according to hospital spokesman James Larkin.

See all SF Appeal coverage of the crash of Asiana Airlines Flight 214 here.

A total of 11 adults from the crash were also admitted to Stanford Hospital. Of those patients, 10 remain hospitalized with two listed in critical condition an eight in either fair or good condition, Larkin said.
All of the minors at Lucile Packard were admitted in good condition.

Stanford was one of nearly a dozen Bay Area hospitals to take patients from the crash.

At San Francisco General Hospital, two more patients from the crash were discharged today, bringing the number still hospitalized there down to 17, according to a hospital spokeswoman.

SF General accepted 53 patients from the crash, including 27 adults and 26 children, hospital spokeswoman Rachael Kagan said.

AS of 4 p.m. today, 17 remained hospitalized there, including five adults and one child in critical condition. Thirty-six patients have been discharged and none remain in the emergency department.

A chief surgeon at San Francisco General Hospital said today that the injuries suffered by passengers of downed Asiana Airlines Flight 214 ranged from minor cuts and bruises to major head trauma and paralysis.

The most serious injuries were severe head trauma, spinal fractures that included paralysis, and abdominal injuries that caused internal bleeding, chief of surgery Dr. Margaret Knudsen said this morning at a press conference.

“The most critical injuries are head trauma and internal bleeding,” she said.

Other injuries included broken bones and severe “road rash,” as if the patients had been “dragged,” Knudsen said.

She said that the majority of the patients who were able to speak to hospital staff were sitting in the rear of the airplane, which suffered significant damage to its tail.

“Everybody who has been able to give us information was sitting in the back of the plane,” Knudsen said.

The hospital employed four trauma teams and five surgery rooms to treat the influx of patients, some of whom had already been treated by emergency responders at the airport, Knudsen said.

“Whoever triaged these patients at the airport did a fabulous job,” she said.

Please make sure your comment adheres to our comment policy. If it doesn't, it may be deleted. Repeat violations may cause us to revoke your commenting privileges. No one wants that!