Family members of the passengers on Asiana Airlines Flight 214 are continuing to arrive in San Francisco following Saturday’s plane crash.

Airline officials said four Korean passengers had family members arrive late Tuesday, while five additional Korean families are heading to the Bay Area today.

See all SF Appeal coverage of the crash of Asiana Airlines Flight 214 here.

Two more Korean families will fly to San Francisco on Friday, according to the airline.

An Asiana employee also escorted a Chinese contingent of 12 family members and six government officials on a flight from Shanghai, China, to San Francisco via Incheon, South Korea, airline officials said. That group left for San Francisco on Monday night.

Asiana Airlines is paying all travel and hotel costs for the victims’ families.

The families of the two 16-year-old Chinese girls who were killed in the crash arrived in the Bay Area Monday night. The girls have been identified as Ye Meng Yuan and Wang Lin Jia.

The teens were part of a group of 35 Chinese students and chaperones from China’s Zhejiang province who were heading to a Southern California school for a three-week summer program.

Other Flight 214 passengers are heading home after the incident. Five Korean passengers left for Korea on Tuesday afternoon, Asiana Airlines officials said.

A staff member at the Korean consulate in San Francisco said this morning the consulate has issued nine replacement travel documents or passports for survivors of the flight.

The staff member said she knows of at least five passengers who have left the Bay Area, while others are staying in local hotels or remain hospitalized.

Since the crash, Chinese Consul General Yuan Nansheng has met with victims’ relatives who have flown in, and has visited survivors at hospitals and hotels.

The consulate is providing assistance for Chinese travelers who need new travel documents, as well as offering legal help.

As of Tuesday evening, the Chinese consulate had confirmed that of the 141 Chinese passengers on board the flight, two were killed and one has yet to contact the consulate.

According to the Chinese consulate, 12 Chinese passengers remain in the hospital, including one in critical condition.

Altogether, 80 Chinese passengers have been put up in local hotels, consular officials said.

Asiana Airlines president and CEO Young-Doo Yoon arrived in San Francisco Tuesday afternoon.

Sasha Lekach, Bay City News

Please make sure your comment adheres to our comment policy. If it doesn't, it may be deleted. Repeat violations may cause us to revoke your commenting privileges. No one wants that!