grissomlede.jpgA man accused of a 2010 fatal shooting outside a nightclub near San Francisco’s Fisherman’s Wharf was ordered today to stand trial on a murder charge.

Keandre Davis, 21, is accused of killing 19-year-old Lawon Marshawn Hall outside Club Suede at 383 Bay St. on Feb. 7, 2010. Three other people were injured in the shooting.

Prosecutors said Davis and another suspect cornered Hall as he was leaving the club and shot him multiple times.

Davis, a Richmond resident, was arrested at the scene after Robert Burns, a patrol special officer in the area, witnessed the shooting and shot him.

A man suspected of being the second shooter was arrested in the days after the murder, but the district attorney’s office declined to file charges against him.

At the conclusion of a preliminary hearing in San Francisco Superior Court that started last month and finished today, Judge Bruce Chan ordered Davis to stand trial on one count of murder with an enhancement for the use of a handgun, prosecutors said.

Davis will return to court on July 8 to be formally arraigned on the charges.

Since the shooting, Club Suede has been ordered permanently closed by a judge.

Earlier this month, Burns, who testified at the preliminary hearing, was revoked of his appointment as a patrol special officer by the Police Commission because of disciplinary charges related to proper wearing of his uniform, insurance and training.

Patrol special officers are authorized under the city charter to provide supplementary police patrols and are contracted to perform private security for businesses in their appointed areas of the city.

Dan McMenamin, Bay City News

Want more news, sent to your inbox every day? Then how about subscribing to our email newsletter? Here’s why we think you should. Come on, give it a try.

Please make sure your comment adheres to our comment policy. If it doesn't, it may be deleted. Repeat violations may cause us to revoke your commenting privileges. No one wants that!