driveway.jpgMy question is inspired by (but is not completely related to the issues raised in) this Pedestrianist blog post: how do I report bogus driveways and open up valuable parking spaces?

If you own the driveway in question, you can apply for an application to turn it into a parking spot by calling the Bureau of Street Use and Mapping at (415) 554-5810.

If you don’t own the driveway, the best way to report the issue is to call the Planning Information Counter at (415) 558-6377. They’ll check out the “bogus” area in question, and give you a case number so you can keep tabs on what’s happening.

Photo: Brent Ho

Think of “Ask the Appeal” as your own personal genie: no Bay-related question is too big or too small. Whether you’re concerned with a municipal question, a consumer advocacy issue or simply with consuming alcohol, email us your questions at (or, find answers to past questions here). We’ll either do the dirty work and talk to the folks in charge, contact an expert in the field, or – if your question is particularly intriguing or juicy – develop it into a full-blown investigative article.

Please make sure your comment adheres to our comment policy. If it doesn't, it may be deleted. Repeat violations may cause us to revoke your commenting privileges. No one wants that!