Friday: You already know that it’s raining. Temps will be in the mid 50s, with moderate winds. Call in sick (like anyone’s gonna tell you to come in?), lie in bed, watch Maury deliver paternity test results, because it’s not getting any better — it’s going to keep raining tonight. with the temperature dropping to the low 50s, and wind gusting as high as 22 mph.

Saturday: A 40 percent chance of showers, which means a 60% chance of sun, which, even in this era of grade inflation, means that Saturday flunks. High near 60, wind blowing at about 7 mph. That night rain chances jump to 50%, while temps drop to 50.

Sunday: We’re still at 50% chance of showers, which means there’s a 50% chance we’ll bother to leave the house. High near 60, winds at 6-8 mph. That night, it’ll be cloudy and in the low 50s.

the author

Eve Batey is the editor and publisher of the San Francisco Appeal. She used to be the San Francisco Chronicle's Deputy Managing Editor for Online, and started at the Chronicle as their blogging and interactive editor. Before that, she was a co-founding writer and the lead editor of SFist. She's been in the city since 1997, presently living in the Outer Sunset with her husband, cat, and dog. You can reach Eve at eve@sfappeal.com.

Please make sure your comment adheres to our comment policy. If it doesn't, it may be deleted. Repeat violations may cause us to revoke your commenting privileges. No one wants that!