Athletic Association Event
On Saturday: The San Francisco Gaelic Athletic Association event will take place at San Francisco Gaelic Fields on Treasure Island.
A street closure of Avenue “H” between 11th and 13th streets will be required from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday.
The 108 Treasure Island Muni route will be affected.
On Sunday: The Urbanathlon Race will start and finish at Lot A of AT&T Park. The race will begin at7 a.m.
Street closures will be required throughout the race area. Local business and residential access will be allowed with possible delays.
From 6 a.m., Thursday to midnight, Sunday:
- Terry Francois Boulevard between 3rd and China Basin streets
For Sunday Only
From 5 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- 3rd Street between King and Channel streets
- Northbound King Street between 2nd and 3rd streets
From 7 to 8:10 a.m.
- The Embarcadero between Broadway and Mission streets
From 7:10 to 8:30 a.m.:
- Drumm Street between Clay and Jackson streets
- Jackson Street between Drumm and Front streets
- Davis Street between Washington and Vallejo streets
- Broadway between Front Street and The Embarcadero
- Washington and Jackson streets at Drumm Street
- Jackson and Vallejo streets at Davis Street
- The Embarcadero and Front at Broadway streets
From 7:10 to 8:50 a.m.:
- Vallejo Street between Davis and Montgomery streets
- Front, Battery, Sansome and Montgomery streets between Green and Broadway streets
- Green Street between Montgomery Street and Columbus Avenue
- Kearny Street between Union and Vallejo streets
- Grant Avenue between Vallejo and Chestnut streets
- Lombard Street between Powell Street and Telegraph Hill Boulevard
- Telegraph Hill Boulevard between Lombard Street and Coit Tower
- Greenwich Street between Grant Avenue and terminus
- All alleys and streets bounded by Grant Avenue, Greenwich and Lombard streets
- Stockton Street between Greenwich and Beach streets
- North Point Street between Hyde Street and The Embarcadero
- Leavenworth Street between Bay and Beach streets
- Beach Street between Leavenworth and Hyde streets
- Hyde Street between Beach and Jefferson streets
- Jefferson Street (westbound traffic lane only) between Taylor and Jones street
- Jefferson Street between Jones Street and westerly terminus
The following Muni line and routes will be affected:
- Powell-Mason Cable Car
- F Market
- K/T Ingleside/Third Street
- 8X Bayshore Express
- 28 19th Avenue
- 30 Stockton
- 39 Coit
UPDATE: Sunset Tunnel Re-railing Project
The Sunset Tunnel Trackway Improvement Project includes track and infrastructure replacements inside the Sunset Tunnel, located between Cole Valley and Duboce Triangle, Transit Signal Priority upgrades for nine intersections along the N Judah Line and construction of two accessible platforms at Judah and 28th Avenue. This multiple system upgrades to the N Judah Metro Line will make transit safer and more reliable.
Seismic upgrades to Sunset Tunnel are important part of the safety enhancement project. It will involve structural retrofit of the tunnel portal retaining walls and their foundations.
Beginning at approximately 8 p.m., Friday and through 5 a.m., Monday, the SFMTA will continue the weekend construction to replace track and other infrastructure inside the Sunset Tunnel. The construction work is scheduled for 15 weekends between November 2014 and June 2015.
After this weekend’s work, the tunnel construction project will temporarily be suspended for the rest of this year and will resume in early 2015 after the holidays. The next schedule for tunnel construction work is tentatively set for the weekends of January 9, January 23 and January 30, 2015.
During weekend construction, the SFMTA will provide bus substitution service:
- The N Judah rail service will be substituted with bus shuttles between Church/Duboce streets and Ocean Beach.
- The bus shuttles will begin to operate at about 7 p.m. on Friday and will run during regular service hours until the morning of the following Monday.
- The bus shuttles will follow the N Judah Line route making regular stops except for the tunnel portion where buses will be operated off on Haight Street.
- Regular N Judah rail service will continue to provide service between Caltrain Depot and Church/Duboce streets.
- The N Judah stops at Church/Duboce will provide a transfer point between bus shuttles and trains for Muni customers.
- The weekend N Judah Owl bus service will not be affected.
UPDATE: Castro Streetscape Improvement Construction Project
The Castro Streetscape Improvement Construction Project is a joint collaboration between the SFMTA, San Francisco Public Works and San Francisco Planning Department.
Beginning Tuesday, November 5, crews started paving and adding barrier improvements to the Jane Warner Plaza.
During construction, the F Market and Wharves Line will be rerouted from the turnaround in Jane Warner Plaza located at Castro and 17th/Market Streets until next Wednesday, November 26.
Inbound boarding location of F Market and Wharves Line will be changed:
- Stops at Market/Castro streets and Market/Noe streets will be relocated to Noe and 17th streets
- Stop at Market and Sanchez streets will be relocated to Church and Market streets, using J Church Line platform on Church Street
Customers who need accessible service can use the Market/Noe streets stop for outbound travel and Church/Market streets stop for inbound travel.
UPDATE: Folsom Street Off-Ramp Realignment Project
The San Francisco County Transportation Authority (SFCTA) continues re-construction of the Folsom Street off-ramp from westbound Interstate 80 to Fremont Street. This off-ramp configuration will facilitate a better gateway that leads into a pedestrian-oriented neighborhood. Installation of a new traffic signal at the off-ramp intersection will allow for a newly constructed continuous sidewalk and bike lanes on the east side of Fremont Street.
This construction work is anticipated to be completed in March of 2015.
During the construction period, the 108 Treasure Island Muni route will be affected during all hours of service.
Crews from the Public Utilities Commission and San Francisco Public Works will continue the installation work of a new sewer main pipeline on Spear Street between Market and Mission streets. This construction project is anticipated to last until spring of 2015.
Construction work will continue to take place at the intersection of Spear and Mission streets. Work hours will be from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. each day.
During the construction hours, from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.:
- No street parking will be allowed
- Sidewalk will remain open for pedestrian traffic
- Local access will be allowed
- With an exception of Muni buses, the intersection of Spear and Mission streets will be close to all other traffic
During the closure, there may be brief delays on the following Muni lines and routes:
- 2 Clement
- 6 Parnassus
- 14 Mission
- 14 Mission Limited
- 14 Owl
- 21 Hayes
- 31 Balboa
- L Owl
- K Morning Shuttle
- M Morning Shuttle
REMINDER: Sunday Parking Meter Enforcement
As a reminder, most on-street meters and off-street parking meters no longer require payment on Sundays, with the exception of the following areas where parking meters are enforced seven days per week throughout the year except Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day:
- Parking meters in the Fisherman’s Wharf area
- Along The Embarcadero Roadway
- In the Special Event Area around AT&T Park*
- Five metered off-street parking facilities listed below:
- 8th Avenue at Clement Street
- 9th Avenue at Clement Street
- Geary Boulevard at 21st Avenue
- 18th Avenue at Geary Boulevard
- Pierce Street Garage (between Lombard and Chestnut streets)
Parking meters in the remainder of the City are enforced Monday through Saturday throughout the year except on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
* Parking meters in the Special Event Area operate on Sundays only when there is an event.