San Francisco police have cited a tour bus driver on suspicion of misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter following a fatal collision involving a City Hall worker last week, police said today.
Menlo Park resident Raymond Lucas, 65, was cited and released Tuesday following the collision that happened at about 11:30 a.m. on Oct. 23 at the corner of Polk and McAllister streets.
The pedestrian, who police said was in the crosswalk at the time of the accident, was identified as 68-year-old Priscila “Precy” Moreto, an accountant in the San Francisco City Controller’s Office and resident of San Francisco.
Police said they do not think drugs or alcohol were in Lucas’s system when he was driving the bus. A spokesman for Classic Cable Car Charters, the company that operates the bus that hit Moreto, was not immediately available today to comment about the case.
Last week, company general manager Chris Connors said he extended his condolences to Moreto’s family and that his company is cooperating with the police investigation.
The case has not yet been presented to the San Francisco District Attorney’s Office, district attorney’s office spokesman Max Szabo said.
Erin Baldassari and Keith Burbank, Bay City News