A sauna room at a San Francisco residence got a little too hot Sunday morning after a generator in the room caught fire, a fire dispatcher said.
Firefighters responded to 2051 Green Street at 10:12 a.m. on a report of a fire in a sauna room at an apartment building, the dispatcher said.
Fire crews were able to contain the blaze to the room, which was located in the rear of the building, and the dispatcher said crews cleared the scene by 10:40 a.m.
No one was reported injured and all of the residents had evacuated the building before firefighters arrived, he said. The dispatcher said he did not know how many people were in the building at the time.
According to the San Francisco’s Assessor’s database, the building was built in 1905.
Erin Baldassari, Bay City News