Dog Walker Stumbles Upon Plated Meatballs Stuffed With Pills In Sunset District

More meatballs apparently left out to poison dogs were discovered this morning in San Francisco’s Sunset District, according to police.

A woman walking her dog at about 9 a.m. today found the meatballs on a plate near the corner of 24th Avenue and Ortega Street. The meatballs appeared to have pills lodged inside, according to police.

Police investigators responded and collected the meatballs, police said.

It was the first discovery of poisoned meatballs since a dog ate a suspected poisoned meatball in the Twin Peaks neighborhood in February. That dog, a 9-year-old Chesapeake Bay retriever and border collie named Timber, was forced to throw up at the vet and wasn’t hurt.

But the meatballs have been causing dog owners anxiety since last summer when hundreds of them poisoned with strychnine were found distributed in the Diamond Heights and Twin Peaks neighborhoods and killed a dachshund named Oskar.

Despite a $5,000 reward, no suspects have been arrested. Anyone with information about the meatballs has been asked to call San Francisco police.

src=”http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/static/flash/embeddedPlayer/swf/otvEmLoader.swf?version=fw1000&station=kgo&section=&mediaId=9528606&cdnRoot=http://cdn.abclocal.go.com&webRoot=http://abclocal.go.com&configPath=/util/&site=”>

Scott Morris, Bay City News

Please make sure your comment adheres to our comment policy. If it doesn't, it may be deleted. Repeat violations may cause us to revoke your commenting privileges. No one wants that!