Treasure Island Off-ramp Construction
The eastbound I-80 off-ramp at Treasure Island will be closed for maintenance and construction activities Wednesday, through Friday and again Sunday through Monday, September 23 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. each night.
The 108 Treasure Island Muni route will be affected.
Customers are advised to allow extra travel time to complete their trips.
America’s Cup events will take place at the America’s Cup Park located at Pier 27 and America’s Cup Village located on Marina Green this weekend. Races are tentatively scheduled starting at 1:15 p.m. on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
On weekend race days, Muni provides supplemental transportation services to welcome the America’s Cup sailing fans and to keep the city moving:
· E Embarcadero Streetcar Line from Caltrain to Beach and Jones will run between 11 a.m. and 7 p.m.
· MP Market-Pier 39 bus shuttles from Embarcadero Station to Pier 39 will run between 10:45 am and 7:30 pm.
· MS Marina-Pier 27 bus shuttles from Pier 27 to Bay and Fillmore near Marina Green will run between 10:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.
· MM Market-Marina bus shuttles from Civic Center BART/Muni station to Bay & Fillmore near Marina Green will run between 10:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Event participants can also go by bike. Newly painted green bike lanes are in place along The Embarcadero from North Point to Howard streets in both directions.
Oracle Open World will be held at the Moscone Center and Moscone West from Sunday, Sept. 22 through Thursday, Sept. 26. During this time, the Java One conference will be held at the San Francisco Hilton.
The following street closures will be required to accommodate this event:
· 8 p.m., Thursday through 1 p.m., Friday, Sept. 27
Howard Street between 3rd and 4th streets
· 8 p.m. Friday through 10 a.m., Friday, Sept. 27
Taylor Street between O’Farrell and Ellis streets
Significant traffic congestion is anticipated in and around Moscone Center between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. daily for the duration of the closure. Travelers are encouraged to take public transit or use alternate routes. There will be heavy pedestrian traffic in the area.
Howard Street traffic will be detoured either via 2nd Street to Harrison Street or via New Montgomery Street to Hawthorne Street, then to either Folsom or Harrison streets.
Taylor Street traffic will be detoured west on Ellis Street, north on Leavenworth Street, east on O’Farrell Street and back to Taylor.
Signage will be placed in advance of the street closures and detour routes.
Caltrans will activate message signs on major freeways entering the city to notify motorists of the closures.
SFMTA Parking Control Officers and San Francisco Police Officers will be deployed at key intersections throughout the closures.
The following Muni routes will be affected:
· 8X (AX/BX) Bayshore Express
· 9 San Bruno
· 10 Townsend
· 12 Folsom
· 14 Mission
· 14L Mission Limited
· 14X Mission Express
· 16X Noriega
· 21 Hayes
· 30 Stockton
· 38/38L Geary
· 41 Union
· 45 Union-Stockton
· 81X Caltrain Express
Live Nation Concert
On Friday at 8 p.m. and Saturday at 7 p.m., Live Nation Concerts will take place at the America’s Cup Pavilion at Piers 27/29. Doors will open one hour before the concerts begin.
The SFMTA will provide additional bus service on the F Market & Wharves Line before and after each event:
· F Line shuttle service will ONLY run between Don Chee Way and Pier 39 beginning at 5:05 p.m.
· Outbound shuttle service will begin at 10 p.m. and will pick up passengers at the Greenwich F Line station
· Regular F Market & Wharves Line service will not stop at the Greenwich station
Polk Street Blues Festival
The Polk Street Blues Festival will be held from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m both Saturday and Sunday.
Polk Street will be closed between Pacific and Green streets from 2 a.m, Saturday until 11:59 p.m. on Sunday. Cross traffic will be open.
The 19 Polk Muni route will be affected.
49ers Football Game
On Sunday, the San Francisco 49ers will be hosting the Indianapolis, Colts starting at 1:25 p.m. at Candlestick Park.
Motorists should expect heavy traffic and delays on the westbound Bay Bridge and in both directions of U.S. 101 leading to Candlestick Park in the two-three hours before the start of the game. Traffic will also be congested on the eastbound Bay Bridge and in both directions of US 101 near Candlestick Park for two-three hours after the end of the game. I-280 through Daly City is a good alternate route for Peninsula drivers not attending the game. Fans attending the game are encouraged to take public transportation.
NEW NFL Bag Policy: Fans should be advised that there is a new NFL Bag Policy in effect at 49ers games. Only NFL-approved bags will be permitted inside Candlestick Park. For more information, please visit www.49ers.com/stadium/prohibited-items.html.
On game days, Muni offers several ways to get to Candlestick Park from locations throughout San Francisco. There are four Muni Express routes and two Shuttles.
All service, including the express service, is regular fare service, $2 adult per trip and $.75 for youth/senior/disabled per trip.
For faster boarding, customers are encouraged to buy their fare prior to boarding the express service. Clipper cards with either a Fast Pass or pre-loaded cash can be purchased at your convenience. Customers can load their cards online at www.clippercard.com (please allow at least five days for processing), or at one of the participating Clipper vendors or ticket vending machines in a Muni Metro station. Please go to www.sfmta.com for fare details.
On game days, Muni customers may purchase their fare in advance. SFMTA staff will sell one-way and roundtrip Muni fares from 2 to 5 p.m. at the following locations:
· Balboa Park BART Station
· Sutter Street/Sansome Street
For service to and from the game, T Third customers should transfer at the Gilman/Paul station to the 87 Candlestick Shuttle, which operates directly between the station and Candlestick Park.
· 75X Candlestick Express – from Balboa Park BART
· 77X Candlestick Express – from California and Van Ness
· 78X Candlestick Express – from California and Funston
· 79X Candlestick Express – from Sutter and Sansome
· 86 Candlestick Shuttle – from Bacon and San Bruno
· 87 Candlestick Shuttle – from Third Street and Gillman, T Third Station
· 75X Candlestick Express – to Balboa Park BART
· 77X Candlestick Express – to Van Ness and North Point
· 78X Candlestick Express – to California and Funston
· 79X Candlestick Express – to Kearny and Sutter
· 86 Candlestick Shuttle – to Bacon and San Bruno
· 87 Candlestick Shuttle – to Third Street and Gillman, T Third Station
79X Candlestick Express Re-route
As of last year, the southbound 79X, which provides express service to the 49ers game from downtown, will be re-routed due to Central Subway construction on Stockton and 4th streets. Customers traveling to the game can board the 79X Candlestick Express at the following locations:
· Sutter and Sansome
· Sutter and Kearny
· Mason and Geary
· Cyril Magnin and Market
· 5th Street and Mission
· 5th Street and Howard
· 5th Street and Folsom
The southbound buses will then travel express to Candlestick Park from 5th and Folsom streets. Northbound buses will remain on the regular route.