Friday through Sunday, the San Francisco Giants will finish their set of home games against the Pittsburgh Pirates at AT&T Park at the following times:
· 7:15 p.m., Friday
· 6:05 p.m., Saturday
· 1:05 p.m., Sunday
The SFMTA advises motorists of increased congestion in San Francisco and advises commuters to use transit to avoid congestion on the Bay Bridge and the I-280 and US 101 freeways through downtown San Francisco n these dates. Motorists should be aware that traffic will be particularly heavy on southbound US 101 on Sunday afternoon as traffic leaving the Giants’ 1 p.m. game will coincide with traffic headed to the 49ers’ 5 p.m. game. Alternate routes between downtown San Francisco and San Francisco International Airport and the Peninsula include the I-280 freeway through Daly City.
As a reminder to fans and other motorists, the SFMTA will close eastbound King Street between 3rd and 2nd streets beginning in the 7th inning of all Giants home games until the post-game traffic has died down. Drivers on northbound I-280 should avoid taking the King Street exit during this period and use the 6th Street exit instead. A map showing alternate post-game routes from AT&T parking lots is available on the Giants’ website.
Noise Pop Festival
On Saturday the Noise Pop Festival will take place from noon to 6 p.m.
The following closures will be required from midnight, Friday to 11 p.m., Saturday:
· 20th Street between Harrison and Bryant streets
· Florida Street between 19th and 20th streets
· Intersections: Florida and Alabama streets at 20th Street
No impact to Muni service
America’s Cup events will take place at the America’s Cup Park located at Pier 27 and America’s Cup Village located on Marina Green this weekend. Races are scheduled for approximately 12:15 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, each day.
Muni will continue to provide supplemental transportation services to welcome the America’s Cup sailing fans and to keep the city moving:
· E-Embarcadero Streetcar line from Caltrain to Beach and Jones will run between 11 a.m. and 7 p.m.
· MS-Marina-Pier 27 bus shuttles from Pier 27 to Bay & Fillmore near Marina Green will run between 10:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.
· MM-Market-Marina bus shuttles from Civic Center BART/Muni station to Bay & Fillmore near Marina Green will run between 10:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.
· MP-Market-Pier 39 bus shuttles from Embarcadero Station to Pier 39 will run between 10:45 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Clement Street Farmers Market Pilot
The Clement Street Farmers Market has been taking place every Sunday and will continue until August 25.
A street closure of Clement Street between 2nd and 4th avenues from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. will be required each Sunday.
Muni bus route 2 Clement will be affected during the street closure on Sundays.
49ers Football Game
The San Francisco 49ers will host their second home game on Sunday, against the Minnesota Vikings starting at 5 p.m. at Candlestick Park.
Motorists should expect delays on all bridges and freeways leading into San Francisco for at least two hours before the start of the game and for at least two hours after the end of the game. Fans attending the games are encouraged to take public transportation. Fans attending the game should be aware that traffic prior to the game, especially on southbound US 101, is likely to be heavy due to the end of the Giants game at AT&T Park.
NEW NFL Bag Policy: Fans should be advised that there is a new NFL Bag Policy in effect at 49ers games. Only NFL-approved bags will be permitted inside Candlestick Park. For more information, please visit www.49ers.com/stadium/prohibited-items.html.
On game days, Muni offers several ways to get to Candlestick Park from locations throughout San Francisco. There are four Muni Express routes and two Shuttles.
All service, including the express service, is regular fare service, $2 adult per trip and $.75 for youth/senior/disabled per trip.
For faster boarding, customers are encouraged to buy their fare prior to boarding the express service. Clipper cards with either a Fast Pass or pre-loaded cash can be purchased at your convenience. Customers can load their cards online or at one of the participating Clipper vendors or ticket vending machines in a Muni Metro station.
On game days, Muni customers may purchase their fare in advance. SFMTA staff will sell one-way and roundtrip Muni fares from 2 to 5 p.m. at the following locations:
· Balboa Park BART Station
· Sutter Street/Sansome Street
For service to and from the game, T Third customers should transfer at the Gilman/Paul station to the 87 Candlestick Shuttle, which operates directly between the station and Candlestick Park.
· 75X Candlestick Express – from Balboa Park BART
· 77X Candlestick Express – from California and Van Ness
· 78X Candlestick Express – from California and Funston
· 79X Candlestick Express – from Sutter and Sansome
· 86 Candlestick Shuttle – from Bacon and San Bruno
· 87 Candlestick Shuttle – from Third Street and Gillman, T Third Station
· 75X Candlestick Express – to Balboa Park BART
· 77X Candlestick Express – to Van Ness and North Point
· 78X Candlestick Express – to California and Funston
· 79X Candlestick Express – to Kearny and Sutter
· 86 Candlestick Shuttle – to Bacon and San Bruno
· 87 Candlestick Shuttle – to Third Street and Gillman, T Third Station
79X Candlestick Express Re-route
As of last year, the southbound 79X, which provides express service to the 49ers game from downtown, will be re-routed due to Central Subway construction on Stockton and 4th streets. Customers traveling to the game can board the 79X Candlestick Express at the following locations:
· Sutter and Sansome
· Sutter and Kearny
· Mason and Geary
· Cyril Magnin and Market
· 5th Street and Mission
· 5th Street and Howard
· 5th Street and Folsom
The southbound buses will then travel express to Candlestick Park from 5th and Folsom streets. Northbound buses will remain on the regular route.