Labor Day Holiday Muni Service and Parking Enforcement
On Monday, Labor Day holiday, Muni service will operate on Sunday schedule.
Parking meters and seven day street sweeping will be enforced citywide on the holiday. Commuter tow away, residential parking permits and Monday-Friday daytime street sweeping will not be enforced.
Meters on Port of San Francisco property, including The Embarcadero and Fisherman’s Wharf, are enforced seven days per week throughout the year, except Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
Hazards are always subject to ticketing and towing.
Live Nation Concerts
On Sunday, Live Nation Concerts will take place at the America’s Cup Pavilion at Piers 27/29 at 7 p.m. Doors will open an hour before the concerts begin.
The SFMTA will provide additional bus service on F Market & Wharves Line before and after each event:
· F Line shuttle service will ONLY run between Don Chee Way and Pier 39 beginning at 5:05 p.m.
· Outbound shuttle service will begin at 10 p.m. and will pick up passengers at the Greenwich F Line station
· Regular F Market & Wharves Line service will not stop at the Greenwich station
Bay Bridge Closure
Beginning at 8 p.m., Wednesday through 5 a.m., Tuesday, Caltrans will close the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge to connect the new Eastern Span.
Muni route 108 Treasure Island will be detoured, but no bus stops will be missed.
On Friday at 6 p.m., the Critical Mass bicycle ride will begin at Justin Herman Plaza.
There will be heavy traffic in the area. Motorists are advised to allow extra travel time.
Muni Metro Turnback Rail Rehabilitation Construction Project
Beginning 1:30 a.m., Saturday through 4:00 a.m., Tuesday, the SFMTA will continue the Muni Metro Turnback Rail Project with construction at the Embarcadero Tunnel entrance this weekend. This is the fourth of five planned weekends of construction that require partial shutdowns.
During the construction, service of Muni Metro lines will be affected:
· KT Ingleside/Third Street line will operate between Balboa Park and Embarcadero stations.
· N Judah line will operate between Ocean Beach and Embarcadero stations
· T line will operate between Sunnydale and Mission Rock stations
There will be bus shuttles from Mission Rock and Third streets to Market and Spear streets via Embarcadero and Caltrain stations.
Customers should board shuttle buses at nearby curbside bus stops.
On Sunday and Monday, the SFMTA will provide supplemental service to accommodate Red Bull Youth Cup attendees going to Marina Green.
Muni will continue to provide supplemental transportation services to welcome the America’s Cup sailing fans and to keep the city moving:
· MS-Marina-Pier 27 bus shuttles from Pier 27 to Bay & Fillmore near Marina Green will run between 10:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.
· MM-Market-Marina bus shuttles from Civic Center BART/Muni station to Bay & Fillmore near Marina Green will run between 10:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.
· MP-Market-Pier 39 bus shuttles from Embarcadero Station to Pier 39 will run between 10:45 am and 7:30 pm.
Event participants can also go by bike. Newly painted green bike lanes are in place along The Embarcadero from North Point to Howard streets in both directions. Please note the southbound lane does not include auto right-turn dash markings at this time, but the SFMTA crews will be back to apply special reflective treatments in merge areas for right turns.