Mission District Fire Causes $100,000 In Damage, Injures One

A fire at a boutique in San Francisco’s Mission District that sent an elderly man to the hospital early Monday morning was caused by an electrical problem, a fire department spokeswoman said today.

The blaze was reported at about 12:50 a.m. at Angela’s Boutique, located at 3270 24th St., fire spokeswoman Mindy Talmadge said.

Firefighters responded and extinguished the blaze about 20 minutes later. It was contained to the boutique, which is on the first floor of a three-story building, Talmadge said.

The elderly man was taken to a hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation, she said.

The fire caused an estimated $50,000 in damage to the building and destroyed $50,000 in contents, Talmadge said.

No residents in the units above the boutique were displaced, she said.

Dan McMenamin, Bay City News

Please make sure your comment adheres to our comment policy. If it doesn't, it may be deleted. Repeat violations may cause us to revoke your commenting privileges. No one wants that!