A man accused of driving a double-decker tour bus while drunk in San Francisco last month has pleaded no contest to DUI charges, a prosecutor said today.
Leon Maynard, 60, of San Bruno, pleaded no contest on Monday to a charge of driving under the influence with a blood-alcohol content of .08 percent or higher, district attorney’s office spokesman Alex Bastian said.
Maynard was arrested near Stockton and Post streets at about 1:15 p.m. on July 5 while driving a San Francisco Deluxe Sightseeing tour bus, prosecutors said.
His blood-alcohol content at the time of the arrest was 0.21 percent, and he was also cited for an open container infraction, prosecutors said.
Maynard was sentenced to three years’ probation, ordered to spend six days in the sheriff’s work alternative program, participate for six months in a first offender program and will have his commercial driver’s license suspended for a year, Bastian said.
Dan McMenamin, Bay City News