Flight 214 Crash: Four Victims Still In Critical Condition

Four Asiana Airlines Flight 214 passengers remain in critical condition today at the two Bay Area hospitals that took in the majority of patients after the plane crashed on Saturday.

At San Francisco General Hospital, there are three critical patients, including one juvenile, hospital spokeswoman Rachael Kagan said. They have a range of injuries including spinal cord problems, brain trauma, abdominal injuries, internal bleeding, road rash and fractures.

See all SF Appeal coverage of the crash of Asiana Airlines Flight 214 here.

One adult has been upgraded from critical to serious condition since Tuesday.

Five other passengers remain at San Francisco General in serious to good condition, Kagan said.

A total of 66 patients were transported to San Francisco General in the wake of the crash. Of those, 31 were juveniles, Kagan said.

Stanford Hospital received 55 patients, seven of whom were minors who taken to Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital, according to spokesman James Larkin. The juveniles were all released Sunday evening.

This morning, four patients were still at Stanford Hospital and one was in critical but stable condition. Two others are in good condition, and one patient is in fair condition.

Mills-Peninsula Hospital in Burlingame took in 29 patients after the crash. Of that group, five were admitted to the hospital and three remain there today in stable condition, spokeswoman Margie O’Clair said.

No juveniles were seen at the hospital, and the hospital did not treat any critically injured patients.

O’Clair said patients with the most serious injuries were taken to Stanford Hospital and San Francisco General.

Nine patients from the crash were transported to three California Pacific Medical Center campuses on Saturday, CPMC spokesman Dean Fryer said.

Today, three adults remain hospitalized in good condition suffering from a compression fracture, a leg injury and rib injuries, he said.

Two juveniles brought to CPMC hospitals were released on Saturday, he said.

In San Francisco, St. Mary’s Medical Center treated five patients and Saint Francis Memorial Hospital treated seven.

Today, each hospital has one remaining patient. Both are in stable condition, said Dee Mostofi, a spokeswoman for the hospitals.

Sasha Lekach, Bay City News

Please make sure your comment adheres to our comment policy. If it doesn't, it may be deleted. Repeat violations may cause us to revoke your commenting privileges. No one wants that!