DPW’s 4th Street Bridge Span Remedial Project
Beginning 8 p.m., Friday, the San Francisco Department of Public Works will begin construction work on the 4th Street Bridge Span Remedial Project.
A street closure of 4th Street between Berry and Channel streets will be required from 8 p.m., Friday to approximately 1 a.m., Saturday and from 9 p.m., Saturday to 5 a.m., Sunday. Pedestrian and vehicular traffic will be re-routed to the 3rd Street Bridge during the street closure.
The T Third and 91 Owl will be affected.
A portion of the Muni Metro rail service on the T Third Line will be substituted by bus shuttles on Friday and Saturday evening, only.
Beginning 8 p.m., Friday until approximately 1 a.m. and from 9 p.m., Saturday until approximately 1 a.m., Sunday:
· Northbound (outbound) T Third will operate rail service between Sunnydale and Mission Rock stations. Customers should then transfer to a bus shuttle at Mission Rock to continue toward the Embarcadero Muni Metro/BART Station.
· Southbound (inbound) customers can board a T Third or N Judah train to 4th & King streets (Caltrain) and transfer to a shuttle bus to Mission Rock Station and connect to a T Third train to continue southbound to Sunnydale.
Customers are encouraged to allow extra travel time during the hours when transfer is required and bus shuttle service is in place.
T Third Street line will provide regular service during day time hours on Saturday.
Ghirardelli Square Kidsbash
On Saturday the 4th annual Kidsbash will take place at The Ghirardelli Square from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The following street closures will be required from 2 a.m. to 9 p.m.:
· Beach Street between Larkin and Polk streets
· Polk Street between North Point and Beach streets
The 19 Polk Muni route will be affected.
On Saturday and Sunday the North Beach Festival will take place from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day.
The following street closures will be required from 12 a.m., Saturday to midnight, Sunday:
· Columbus Avenue between Broadway and Stockton Street
· Grant Avenue between Columbus Avenue and Filbert Street
· Green Street between Grant and Columbus avenues
· Vallejo Street between Grant and Columbus avenues
· Intersections: Green Street, Vallejo Street, Fresno Street, Nobles Street, and Columbus Avenue at Grant Avenue
The following Muni routes will be affected:
· 30 Stockton
· 39 Coit
· 45 Union/Stockton
· 8X Bayshore Express
Monitored bicycle parking will be available on Green Street at Grant Avenue.
On Saturday the Juneteenth Celebration will take place on Fillmore Street between Post and Turk streets from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The following street closures for the celebration will be required:
From 12 a.m. to 10 p.m., Saturday:
· Fillmore Street between Sutter and Turk streets
· Geary Overpass between eastbound and westbound of Geary frontage roads
· Both Geary frontage roads between Webster and Steiner streets
· O’Farrell Street between Fillmore and Steiner streets
· Intersections of O’Farrell and Fillmore streets
The following Muni routes will be affected on Saturday and Sunday:
· 5 Fulton
· 22 Fillmore
· 31 Balboa
· 38 Geary
The Juneteenth Parade will begin on Saturday at 11 a.m. starting from the African American Art and Cultural Complex on Fulton Street. It will proceed east on Fulton, then north on Laguna Street, west on Turk Street, north on Steiner Street, west on Ellis Street, then north on Scott Street where the parade will disband at the Kimball Playground. The parade is estimated to take 30 to 40 minutes.
The 22 Fillmore Muni route will be affected.
On Sunday the annual San Francisco Marathon will begin from The Embarcadero and Mission Street at 5:30 a.m., with staggered starts from 5:30 a.m. until 6:30 a.m. The race route will loop north along The Embarcadero, through the Presidio, the outer Richmond District, Golden Gate Park, the Haight, the Mission District, Inner Bayview and back to The Embarcadero. An attendance of up to 20,000 runners is expected.
From midnight, Saturday to 2:45 p.m., Sunday, the following street closures will be required:
· Northbound Embarcadero between Broadway and King Street
· King Street between northbound Embarcadero and 3rd Street
· Steuart Street between Howard Street and the Southerly Terminus
· Eastbound Howard Street between The Embarcadero and Spear Street
· Southbound Embarcadero between Broadway and Harrison Street
Various additional street closures will be required between 5 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. throughout the race route including in the Presidio and Golden Gate Park. A detailed list with suggested detours can be found at www.thesfmarathon.com.
The following Muni routes and lines will be affected:
F Market K Ingleside* L Owl
M Ocean View* N Judah** N Owl
T Third 1 California 2 Clement
5 Fulton 6 Parnassus 9 San Bruno
10 Townsend 12 Folsom/Pacific 14 Mission
14L Mission Limited 19 Polk 22 Fillmore
24 Divisadero 27 Bryant 28 19th Avenue
29 Sunset 31 Balboa 33 Stanyan
37 Corbett 38 Geary 39 Coit
43 Masonic 44 O’Shaughnessy 47 Van Ness
48 Quintara 49 Van Ness 71 Haight/Noriega
*Early morning bus service only
**Metro and early morning bus service