On Friday at 6 p.m., the Critical Mass bicycle ride will begin at Justin Herman Plaza.
There will be heavy traffic in the area. Motorists are advised to allow extra travel time.
Live Nation Concerts
On Friday and Sunday Live Nation Concerts will take place at the America’s Cup Pavilion at Piers 27/29 at 7:30 p.m. and 8 p.m. respectively. Doors will open an hour before each concert begins.
The SFMTA will provide additional service on F Market-Wharves bus line before and after each event:
· F Line shuttle service will ONLY run between Don Chee Way and Pier 39 beginning at 5:05 p.m.
· Outbound shuttle service will begin at 10 p.m. and will pick up passengers at the Greenwich F Line station
· Regular F Market-Wharves route service will not stop at the Greenwich station
Street Closure for Special Event
On Saturday and Sunday, a special event organized by the San Francisco Golden Gate Ruby Club will require a street closure on Treasure Island.
Avenue “H” between California and 3rd streets will be closed between 6 a.m., Saturday and 10 p.m., Sunday.
The 108 Treasure Island Muni route will be affected during the closure.
Union Street Eco-Urban Festival
The annual Union Street Festival will be held from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday and Sunday on Union Street between Gough and Steiner streets.
The following street closures will be required from 12 a.m., Saturday to midnight, Sunday:
· Union Street from Gough Street to Steiner Street
· Octavia Street from Green Street to Filbert Street
· Laguna Street from Green Street to Filbert Street
· Buchanan Street from Green Street to Filbert Street
· Webster Street from Green Street to Filbert Street
· Intersections: Union Street and Octavia, Laguna, Buchanan and Webster streets
Fillmore Street will remain open for through traffic, though it may be congested due to crowds. There will be local access for residents on the impacted streets except for Union Street.
The following Muni routes will be affected:
· 22 Fillmore
· 45 Union/Stockton
The 93rd annual Statuto Race will begin at 9 a.m. on Sunday in North Beach. There will be a five-mile run and a two-mile walk this year.
The following street closures will be required:
7 a.m. to noon:
· Stockton Street between Union and Filbert streets
8 to 11 a.m.:
· Northbound Stockton Street between Lombard and North Point streets
· Eastbound North Point Street between Stockton Street and The Embarcadero
The 39 Coit Muni bus route will be affected.
Baseball Game Traffic Reroutes
The San Francisco Giants will play two home games against the Toronto Blue Jays at AT&T Park next week: 7:15 p.m., Tuesday and 12:45 p.m., Wednesday.
The SFMTA advises motorists of the increased congestion in San Francisco and advises commuters to use transit and avoid using the Bay Bridge on these dates.
As a reminder to fans, in order to reduce congestion on city streets after all events at AT&T Park, the SFMTA will close the northbound portion of the 4th Street (Peter R. Maloney) Bridge to all traffic except streetcars, buses, taxis and bicycles during the post-game period. Giants fans parked south of Mission Creek Channel who are heading north of the channel are encouraged to exit to the south along 3rd or 4th streets in order to avoid congestion on King and 3rd streets after AT&T Park events.
Overnight Closure for Construction
Overnight closure of northbound Highway 1 (Park Presidio Boulevard/Veterans Boulevard) at Lake Street for the Presidio Parkway construction has been taking place each night. This night closure is expected to last for three weeks with the following hours:
Mondays through Thursdays From midnight to 4 a.m.
Fridays through Saturdays From 1 to 4 a.m.
During the closure, Muni routes 28 19th Avenue and 91 Owl will be affected.