Asian Heritage Festival
On Saturday the Asian Heritage Street Festival will be held in front of the Asian Art Museum from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The following street closures will be required from 3 a.m. to 9 p.m.:
· Larkin Street between Hayes and Ellis streets
· McAllister Street between Hyde and Polk streets
· Fulton Street between Larkin and Hyde streets
· Eddy Street between Polk and Hyde streets
· Turk Street between Polk and Hyde streets
· Golden Gate Avenue between Polk and Hyde streets
· Intersections at Larkin Street: Fulton Street, McAllister Street, Golden Gate Avenue, Turk Street, Eddy Street and Willow Street
Access to the Civic Center Garage will be available via Van Ness Avenue to McAllister Street or from Polk Street during the event street closure.
The following Muni routes may be affected:
· 5 Fulton
· 19 Polk
· 31 Balboa
Uncorked! SF Wine Festival
The 8th annual Uncorked! SF Wine Festival will be held on Saturday at and around Ghirardelli Square between 1 and 6 p.m.
The following street closures will be required 12 a.m. to midnight, Saturday:
· Beach Street between Larkin and Polk streets
· Polk Street between North Point and Beach streets
The 19 Polk Muni route will be affected.
Athletic Association Event
The San Francisco Gaelic Athletic Association event will take place at San Francisco Gaelic Fields on Treasure Island this Saturday and Sunday.
Avenue “H” between 11th and 13th streets will be closed from 6:30 a.m. until 7 p.m., each day, Saturday and Sunday.
The 108 Treasure Island Muni route will be affected from 6:15 a.m. until 7 p.m., Saturday and Sunday.
Overnight closure of northbound Highway 1 (Park Presidio Boulevard/Veterans Boulevard) at Lake Street for the Presidio Parkway construction has been taken place each night. This night closure is expected to last for three weeks with the following hours:
Mondays through Thursdays: From midnight to 4 a.m.
Fridays through Saturdays : From 1 to 4 a.m.
During the closure, Muni routes 28 19th Avenue and 91 Owl will be affected.
Muni Special Fares for Bay to Breakers Express Service:
· $12 for adults (age 18-64)
· $10 for seniors, (ages 65 and older) people with disabilities and youths (ages five to 17)
· $8 for all persons with a valid Muni pass, Passport or pass equivalent
· Children under five are free.
· Cash fares paid on Muni pre-race Express vehicles will receive a transfer valid until 5 p.m., not an event sticker. Fare paid with Clipper Card will receive a 90-minute transfer.
· Fares paid with Clipper Cards will receive the regular 90-minute transfer
· For senior customers, people with disabilities and youths without a monthly pass, a valid ID with transfer must be presented when boarding on vehicle.
· In order for Clipper customers with a monthly pass to obtain the add-on fare discount, at least $8 in cash value must be loaded to their Clipper cards prior to boarding the special event Muni service.
· Special pre-race Muni service fare media may be purchased from 5 to 8 a.m. at the following locations: On the pre-race express vehicles, or at West Portal, Castro and Van Ness Muni Metro stations
Tickets for the post-race express service will be sold at 47th Avenue and Fulton Street.
All express service will require a special event fare unless otherwise noted.
Pre-Race Express Service, 4:45 to 6:30 a.m.
The 5 Fulton Express Bus will depart from Fulton Street and 47th Avenue, making local stops to Fulton Street at Masonic Avenue, then travel express to 1st and Mission streets.
The 1AX Express Bus will provide regular route service departing from 33rd Avenue and Geary Boulevard to 1st and Mission streets. Regular fares apply.
The 1BX Express Bus will provide regular route service departing from Cornwall Street and 6th Avenue to 1st and Mission streets. Regular fares apply.
The 31AX Express Bus will provide regular route service departing from Cabrillo and La Playa streets to 1st and Mission streets. Regular fares apply.
The 31BX Express Bus will provide regular route service departing from Balboa Street and 12th Avenue to 1st and Mission streets. Regular fares apply.
The 38AX Express Bus will provide regular route service departing from 48th and Pt. Lobos avenues to 1st and Mission streets. Regular fares apply.
The 38BX Express Bus will provide regular route service departing from Geary Boulevard and 25th Avenue to 1st and Mission streets. Regular fares apply.
The N Judah Express Bus will depart from Judah and La Playa, making local stops to Carl and Cole streets, then travel express to 1st and Mission streets.
The N Judah Muni Metro streetcar will run from Judah Street and 19th Avenue to Van Ness Station and express to Embarcadero Station.
Muni Metro service will run from West Portal to Embarcadero Station, stopping at Forest Hill, Castro, Church and Van Ness stations. Civic Center, Powell and Montgomery stations will not be served by any Muni Metro special service; they will open at 8 a.m. as usual.
Post-Race Service, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
In addition to the local Muni routes that serve Golden Gate Park, post-race Express Muni service will be located on both the north and south sides of Golden Gate Park. All post-race express service will end at 2 p.m.
Downtown Express – Express buses will pick up passengers along Fulton Street at 47th Avenue. These buses will travel express to Sansome and Bush streets downtown. This service will be the fastest Muni service to downtown.
5 Fulton Express – Express buses from Fulton Street at 47th Avenue will operate to 8th and Market streets.
N Judah Express Bus – Express service on the south side of Golden Gate Park will operate from Judah and La Playa to 1st and Mission streets.
Muni Service Details
· Significant service disruptions to Muni bus routes and rail lines are anticipated because the race route closures include Howard Street, 9th Street, Hayes Street, Fell Street and John F. Kennedy Drive for approximately four hours. This effectively cuts the City in half.
· Affected Muni lines: F, N, 2, 5, 6, 8x, 9, 10, 12, 14, 14L, 18, 19, 21, 22, 24, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 33, 38, 43, 44, 45, 47, 49, 71, 108; Sunday morning bus service on K, L, M, N and T lines.
· Affected city areas: Downtown, Civic Center, Hayes Valley, Panhandle, Golden Gate Park
· Pre-race service hours: 4:45 to 6:30 a.m., post-race hours: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.; Special event fare is in effect for pre- and post-race Bay to Breakers Express service.
· Pre-race bus service will be provided from 47th Avenue and Fulton Street and Judah and La Playa streets to 1st and Mission streets.
· Pre-race Muni Metro service will be provided from West Portal, Castro, Church and Van Ness stations to Embarcadero Station.
· Pre-race N-Judah service will be provided from Judah Street and 19th Avenue.
· Post-race express bus service will be provided from 47th Avenue and Fulton Street. These buses will travel express to Sansome and Bush streets. Intermediate customer stops will be made upon request at Masonic Street and Turk Street, Fillmore Street, and Van Ness Avenue.
· Post-race 5 Fulton Express bus service will be provided from 47th Avenue and Fulton Street. These buses will travel express to 8th and Market streets. Intermediate customer stops will be made upon request at Turk and Central streets, Golden Gate Avenue and Fillmore Street, and Golden Gate Avenue and Van Ness Avenue.
· Post-race N Judah express bus service will be provided from Judah and La Playa to 1st and Mission streets. Intermediate customer stops will be made upon request at Irving Street and Arguello Boulevard, Haight Street and Masonic Avenue, Bush and Fillmore streets, Bush Street and Van Ness Avenue, Bush and Battery streets.
· More than 25 Muni routes and lines will be affected
· Streets will be re-opened once the runners have passed and the streets have been cleaned.
· The Special Events Muni fare sticker can be purchased during online registration, on the paper registration form, at the Zazzle Greater Body Expo or on-site on event day. This fare is valid on all Express and local service until 5 p.m. Please note that this fare is not valid on cable cars.
· Large crowds are expected. Participants and spectators should plan for additional return travel time.