A man got stuck in a chimney at an apartment building in San Francisco on Sunday night and while investigators are unsure why he ended up there, they have ruled out that it was Santa Claus doing a pre-Christmas test run, a police spokesman said today.
Officers responded shortly before 11:35 p.m. to the 3300 block of Clay Street in the city’s Presidio Heights neighborhood, where the man was reportedly trapped in a ventilation duct, police spokesman Officer Gordon Shyy said.
After being stuck in there for roughly an hour, fire crews were able to free the man after dislodging some bricks in the chimney. He was taken to San Francisco General Hospital with minor cuts and scrapes, Shyy said.
No charges are pending against the man, according to Shyy, who said he did not know why the man ended up in the chimney.
While the incident occurred just nine days before Christmas and a day after the popular SantaCon event in San Francisco, Shyy said there were no reports that the man was dressed as Santa.
Dan McMenamin, Bay City News