49ers Football Game
On Sunday the San Francisco 49ers will host their sixth home game of the regular season against the Arizona Cardinals starting at 1:05 p.m. at Candlestick Park.
Motorists should expect delays on all bridges and freeways leading into San Francisco for at least two hours before the start of the game and for at least two hours after the end of the game. Fans attending the games are encouraged to take public transportation. For more information, go to sfmta.com/football or use the 49ers regional transit map.
Muni offers several ways to get to Candlestick Park from locations throughout San Francisco. There are four Muni Express routes and two Shuttles.
The Muni Express route is Special Event Fare Service
Adult fare: $12 roundtrip
Youth/Senior/Disabled fare: $10 roundtrip
Muni monthly pass, Passport or CityPass Special Event Add-on fare: $8 roundtrip (adult and discount pass holders)
The Candlestick Shuttles are regular fare service, $2 adult per trip and $.75 for youth/senior/disabled per trip.
In order for Clipper customers with a monthly pass to obtain the add-on fare discount, at least $8 in cash value must be loaded to their Clipper cards prior to boarding the special event Muni service.
Customers can load their cards online at clippercard.com (please allow at least five days for processing), or at one of the participating Clipper vendors or ticket vending machines in a Muni Metro station. Please go to sfmta.com for fare details.
For service to and from the game, T Third customers should transfer at the Gilman/Paul station to the 87 Candlestick Shuttle, which operates directly between the station and Candlestick Park.
On Sunday Muni customers may purchase their fare in advance. SFMTA staff will sell Muni fares from 10:05 a.m. to 1:35 p.m. at the following locations:
· Balboa Park BART Station
· Sutter Street/Sansome Street
· 75X Candlestick Express – from Balboa Park BART
· 77X Candlestick Express – from California and Van Ness
· 78X Candlestick Express – from California and Funston
· 79X Candlestick Express – from Sutter and Sansome
· 86 Candlestick Shuttle – from Bacon and San Bruno
· 87 Candlestick Shuttle – from Third Street and Gillman, T Third Station
· 75X Candlestick Express – to Balboa Park BART
· 77X Candlestick Express – to Van Ness and North Point
· 78X Candlestick Express – to California and Funston
· 79X Candlestick Express – to Kearny and Sutter
· 86 Candlestick Shuttle – to Bacon and San Bruno
· 87 Candlestick Shuttle – to Third Street and Gillman, T Third Station