San Francisco Trolley Dances
The 8th annual San Francisco Trolley Dances will take place on Saturday and Sunday between 11 a.m. and 2:45 p.m. The performance tour will bring an audience on board from Civic Center Station to West Portal Station.
Heavy ridership will be expected on the following Muni rail lines:
M Ocean View
Star of the Sea’s Fall Festival
On Saturday the annual Fall Festival will take place at Star of the Sea School in the Richmond District from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
8th Avenue between Geary Boulevard and Clement Street will be closed from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
No Muni bus service will be affected.
Noe Valley Harvest Festival
On Saturday the 7th annual Noe Valley Harvest Festival will be held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The following street closures will be required from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.:
· 24th Street between Church and Sanchez streets
· Intersection: Vicksburg Street at 24th Street
The 48 Quintara 24th Street Muni route will be affected.
Potrero Hill Festival and Street Fair
On Saturday the 21st annual Potrero Hill Festival and Street Fair will be held from 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The following street closures will be required from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.:
· 20th Street between Wisconsin and Missouri streets
· Missouri Street between 19th and 22nd streets
· Intersection of Missouri at 20th streets
The 10 Townsend Muni route will be affected.
Nike Women’s Marathon
On Sunday the 8th annual Nike Women’s Marathon will be held throughout San Francisco, beginning with staggered start times at 5:30 a.m. for walkers and 7 a.m. for runners at Union Square and finishing at The Great Highway between Lincoln Way and JFK Drive by 4 p.m.
Race route and closure schedule:
· Post Street between Stockton and Powell street will close at 11 p.m., Saturday
· Other streets in the Union Square area will be closed from 3:30 to 10 a.m., Sunday
· Runners will go east from Post Street to Montgomery Street to Washington Street to The Embarcadero
· Runners will continue north along the Embarcadero onto Jefferson Street, up Polk Street to North Point Street and through Fort Mason onto Marina Boulevard
· Streets will re-open through the Fisherman’s Wharf area by 10 a.m.
· From Marina Boulevard, runners will enter the Presidio and come out via El Camino de Mar to 32nd Avenue to Clement Street to 45th Avenue to Point Lobos and out to the Great Highway
· The runners will then enter Golden Gate Park
· The Great Highway from Point Lobos to Fulton Street will re-open by 11 a.m.
· Once back on the Great Highway from Martin Luther King Way, runners will head south to Skyline Boulevard, turn left and circle Lake Merced. Then, continue north on The Great Highway
· The finish line is on The Great Highway between Lincoln Way and JFK Drive
· The Great Highway from Fulton to Lincoln will be re-opened by 4:00 p.m.
At all times, there will be local access for residents throughout the course.
The following Muni routes and lines will be affected:
Starting at 11 p.m., Saturday
18 46th Avenue
38 Geary (including Owl)
Powell-Hyde Cable Car
Powell-Mason Cable Car
California Cable Car
F Market & Wharves
8X Bayshore Express
18 46th Avenue
28 19th Avenue
47 Van Ness
49 Van Ness-Market
The only Muni re-routes will be in the Union Square area from 4 to 10 a.m., Sunday; however, there may be some delays at other locations on the course.
Asian Art Museum Fundraising Event
Beginning 5 a.m., Sunday through 9 p.m., Thursday, October 20, Fulton Street between Larkin and Hyde streets will be closed to facilitate the Asian Art Museum’s fundraising event which will take place on Wednesday, October 19.
No Muni service will be affected.
On Sunday the 23rd annual Fiesta on the Hill Bernal Heights’ Street Fair will be held from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The following street closures will be required from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.:
· Cortland Avenue from Folsom Street to Bocana Street
· Andover Street from Cortland Avenue to Ellert Street
· Moultrie Street from Cortland Avenue to Jarboe Avenue
· Intersections of Cortland Avenue and the following: Gates Street, Ellsworth Street, Anderson Street, Bennington Street, Wool Street, Andover Street and Moultri Street
The 24 Divisadero Muni route will be affected.
Inner Sunset Street Fair
On Sunday the 2nd annual Inner Sunset Street Fair will be held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The following street closures will be required from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.:
Irving Street between 9th and 11th avenues
10th Avenue between Lincoln Way and Judah Street
Intersection: 10th Avenue at Irving Street
Heavy ridership is expected on the following Muni bus line and route: