Church and Duboce Track and Street Improvement Project
Beginning at approximately 7 p.m., Friday through 5 a.m., Monday, the SFMTA will conduct track improvement work on the Muni Metro system.
J Church Subway Service
· S Shuttle trains will provide supplemental service in the Muni Metro subway between Embarcadero Station and Castro Station.
· Church Street Station is the transfer point to street level service to the outer terminals on the J Line.
J Church Street Level Service
· J Line trains will operate between the street closure and Balboa Park Station.
· The first outbound stop will be at Church and 18th streets.
· The last inbound stop will be at Church and 16th streets. Customers can continue downtown by transferring to inbound subway service.
· Accessible service for customers with disabilities will be provided by the J Church Supplemental Shuttle Bus. The northbound Shuttle will depart from 16th and Church streets. The next stop will be at Market and Church. The southbound Shuttle will start from the temporary stop on Market and Church streets and stop at 18th Street.
· The detour of the 22 Fillmore will only affect the outbound service.
· Outbound bus service traveling to 3rd and 20th streets will be rerouted west
on Market Street from Church Street, south on Sanchez Street, east on 16th Street and back to its regular route.
· The outbound stop at Church and 16th streets will be temporarily moved from the northwest corner to the southwest corner.
· Inbound bus service to Marina Boulevard and Bay Street will follow the regular 22 Fillmore routes.
· There will be no changes to service on the F Market, K Ingleside, L Taraval, M Ocean View, T Third, N Judah, N Owl or the 37 Corbett.
· Extra S Shuttle trains will operate between Embarcadero and Castro stations.
Balboa Park Station Project
Beginning at 7 a.m., Saturday and continuing through next weekend, the SFMTA will be installing curb ramps and pedestrian countdown signalsat the intersection of Ocean Avenue and the northbound I-280 freewayon-ramp.
Saturday, Oct. 22 to Monday, Oct. 31
7 a.m. to 6 p.m., weekends
9 a.m. to 3 p.m., weekdays
Muni Service Impacts
· Outbound K Line light rail service to Balboa Park Station will bypass the station and continue on Ocean Avenue to San Jose Avenue at Geneva Avenue.
· Customers will be let off at the San Jose and Geneva boarding island just south of the intersection.
· The first inbound (toward downtown) K Line stop will be curbside on San Jose Avenue, north of Geneva Avenue
· For accessible inbound boarding, customers should use the San Jose and
Geneva boarding island just south of the intersection (also an M Ocean View stop)
49 Van Ness-Mission
· The inbound (toward downtown) stop on Ocean Avenue at Balboa Park Station will be moved to a temporary stop on the west side of the freeway overpass.
· Signs will be in place to direct customers to the temporary bus stop.
· Eastbound Ocean Avenue traffic will narrow to a single lane of traffic through the construction area.
· Westbound Ocean Avenue and the I-280 freeway on-ramp will remain open.
· Parking along the south side of Ocean Avenue overpass will be prohibited.
· Travelers should expect delays in the area.
Cal Golden Bears Football Game
On Saturday the Cal Bears will play a football game against Utah atAT&T Park. The game will begin at 4 p.m. Stadium will open at 2 p.m.
Motorists should expect delays on all bridges and freeways leading into San Francisco for at least two hours before the start of the game and for at least two hours after the end of the game. Fans attending the games are encouraged to take public transportation.
On Saturday Muni customers may purchase their fare in advance at the following locations during the time specified:
· Embarcadero Metro Station 1 to 4 p.m.
· AT&T Park 5 p.m. to 30 minutes after conclusion of game
Sunday Streets – Mission District
The final Sunday Streets event will be held this Sunday in the Mission District. Sunday’s event is a two-mile route and includes street closures on portions of 24th Street, Valencia Street and various adjacent streets from 25th Street to Duboce Avenue.
The route will be available for recreational activities from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. The event is free to all participants.
Major activity centers are:
· Main Hub (Valencia and 23rd streets)
· Bart Plaza (24th and Mission streets)
· 24th Street at Treat, Shotwell, Harrison, Florida and York streets
· Valencia Street at 15th, 19th and 21st streets
The following street closures will be required from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m
Valencia Street between Duboce Avenue and 25th Street 24th Street between Valencia and Hampshire streets Harrison Street between 25th and 23rd streets Intersections: 15th, 17th, 19th, 21st and 23rd streets at Valencia Street
Cross traffic will be allowed at:
14th, 16th, 18th, 20th and 22nd streets at Valencia Street
Mission Street, South Van Ness Avenue, Folsom Street and Bryant Street
at 24th Street
The following Muni lines and routes will be affected:
· 12 Folsom
· 14 and 14L Mission
· 22 Fillmore
· 27 Bryant
· 33 Stanyan
· 48 Quintara/24th Street
· 49 Van Ness/Mission
· 67 Bernal Heights