police-light-bar1.jpgA man suffered third-degree burns from cutting through a live wire in San Francisco’s South of Market neighborhood Saturday afternoon, according to the fire department.

The man was performing some kind of work underground on the 100 block of Fremont Street at about 12:30 p.m. when the live wire sparked and gave him third-degree burns to the face and hands, a fire dispatcher said.

The victim was taken to a local hospital, where he remains in stable condition, the dispatcher said.

No other injuries were reported and no other information was immediately available.

Saul Sugarman, Bay City News

Want more news, sent to your inbox every day? Then how about subscribing to our email newsletter? Here’s why we think you should. Come on, give it a try.

Please make sure your comment adheres to our comment policy. If it doesn't, it may be deleted. Repeat violations may cause us to revoke your commenting privileges. No one wants that!