cigarettes1.jpgFirefighters in San Francisco quickly put out a fire at an apartment building in the city’s Alamo Square neighborhood this morning.

Units responded to reports of fire on a rear third-story deck of a building in the 500 block of Scott Street at around 11:20 a.m., according to a dispatcher with the San Francisco Fire Department.

The fire was quickly extinguished and no injuries were reported, the dispatcher said.

A preliminary investigation revealed the fire was likely started by discarded cigarettes that weren’t properly extinguished.

An estimate of damages was not immediately available.

Please make sure your comment adheres to our comment policy. If it doesn't, it may be deleted. Repeat violations may cause us to revoke your commenting privileges. No one wants that!