grissomlede.jpgPreviously: Suspect In Fatal Suede Shooting Still In Hospital, Won’t Be In Court Today, One Man Charged In Nightclub Shooting, Another Still At Large, SFPD Seeks Another Suspect In Suede Shooting, Club That Hosted Fatal Weekend Shooting Temporarily Closing, Photo Gallery: One Dead, Four Injured In Shooting Outside Wharf-Area Bar

Police are still seeking a second suspect in the fatal shooting of a man outside a San Francisco nightclub early Sunday, believed to have been a dispute between rival Richmond gangs, police said today.

Lawon Marshawn Hall, 19, of Richmond, died after two men opened fire outside the Suede nightclub near Fisherman’s Wharf. Hall was shot several times; three other men were also hit and survived.

One of the suspected gunmen, 20-year-old Keandre Davis, also of Richmond, was arrested after being shot by a patrol special officer assigned to help provide security for the club.

Lt. Mike Stasko, head of the San Francisco Police Department’s homicide detail, said today that both Davis and Hall were believed to be members of rival Richmond gangs.

San Francisco and Richmond police have been cooperating in the investigation this week.
Davis was scheduled to be arraigned in San Francisco Superior Court this week on a murder charge for Hall’s shooting, but that hearing was postponed as he remained in the hospital recovering from gunshot wounds to his buttock and shin, San Francisco prosecutors said.

Arraignment was rescheduled for next Tuesday.

Investigators believe an argument inside the club then spilled out onto the street, where a large crowd was gathered.

A total of 44 bullet casings were recovered at the scene, 16 apparently fired by the patrol special officer, prosecutors said.

Davis was found lying wounded in front of an adult video store next to Suede.

A gun was also recovered and is being tested for fingerprints and DNA.

A second suspect, described as a black male about 6 feet 3 inches tall and 175 pounds with black dreadlocks, is still being sought by police. He was last seen wearing a white and tan hooded sweatshirt and running from Bay Street north onto Mason Street.

Though it appears many people saw the shooting, witnesses have so far been uncooperative, according to police and prosecutors.

The club is located blocks from Fisherman’s Wharf and has been the site of prior violence, according to city officials. Club owners have agreed to a temporary 30-day closure.

Please make sure your comment adheres to our comment policy. If it doesn't, it may be deleted. Repeat violations may cause us to revoke your commenting privileges. No one wants that!