Picture 8.png
Firefighters in San Francisco have evacuated the second floor of the Orchard Garden Hotel where a strong smell of ammonia was detected this morning, a fire department lieutenant said.

An occupant reported smelling ammonia in his room around 1:30 a.m. at the hotel, located at 466 Bush St.

Fire Lt. Ken Smith said the man has been transported to a hospital after complaining that he had a burning sensation in his nose and watery eyes.

A hazardous materials unit is working to determine the source of the smell.

Please make sure your comment adheres to our comment policy. If it doesn't, it may be deleted. Repeat violations may cause us to revoke your commenting privileges. No one wants that!