First, after yesterday, someone said this should be called “Link Compost” because “You don’t want to just throw those links out.” So dive on into the green bin, kids.
- A homosexual friend of mine (some of my best friends are gay!) sent this to me in an email with the subject line “The worst thing I’ve ever seen” and only one line in the body, “I thought gay people were supposed to be good at making culture.” All I know is I swear that fountain appeared in Nightmare on Elm Street 1 and 4. And, in a moment of Craven self-reference, Scream.
- Paolo asks “Beach Chalet and Park Chalet get(s) plenty of business on both sides as is, but a new exec chef could surely help the food situation over there, yes?” As a Sunset resident, I end up eating there more than I might if I were less lazy, so, yes.
- How many times have we all thought “I’d give anything for a good Toilet Torching right now”? So, Examiner, the headline might read “Bathroom fires die down” but all I can think of is that part in the serial killer movies where the newspapers say the killer is, like, dickless so he’ll emerge, all mad, and get caught. Will Reisman, haven’t you seen Red Dragon? You’re playing a dangerous game.
- Clearly, ccing Michael Bauer gets results.
- We hear that content-tracking companies (that is, companies that employ some mysterious magical crystal ball to watch over the whole internet to help content providers crack down on folks who bogart their shit) like Attributor are trying to pitch newspapers, perhaps in light of the AP’s homegrown solution. Of course, these companies can’t protect against rewrite, ala what newspapers have been doing to online media (like blogs) for years, and as online media will do with glorious abandon once newspapers start charging for content. And the hydra eats its tail, wheee!
- I am going to miss the great Jane Kay.
- Fuck you, Matty! Those “barely muffled sobs” were mine.
- Landlords lure renters with free wifi? My landlord could lure me, with, I don’t know, heat. Or a working bathtub. OR CHEAPER RENT.
- Stop reading about one day in McDonalds or whatever and read this really great story on West Portal wine bar wars instead. This story is rad!